What is the difference between car wax and polish?
Firstly let’s start with the question What is Wax? A wax in its natural form comes in many guises from vegetable waxes i.e carnauba to animal waxes i.e. bees wax. It is the natural properties of some of these waxes that make them ideal for use in car waxes. The most popular for use in the automotive industry is carnauba wax. What makes this type of wax ideal is that it is:
- virtually insoluble in water, so won’t immediately disappear after each wash or rain shower
- a melting point of 82-86 °C so will withstand the high daylight summer temperatures without melting off your car
- although one of the hardest waxes to be found in its natural form it produces a durable and very glossy finish when combined with other waxes/ingredients used to produce a softer product that can be more easily applied to paintwork.
What is Car Polish?
- In contrast to wax, car polish is a product that uses an abrasive action to remove very fine layers of the topcoat protection to flatten out the surface to ensure an equal reflection of the light and thus a highly polished look. Such products come in varying degrees of abrasiveness from medium to ultra-fine.
- The quality modern polish will be made of what is known as diminishing abrasives which break down into further smaller particles as they are worked on the paint thus getting finer and finer the more they are “polished” into the paint.
- This avoids the need to go through varying steps of abrasiveness in different bottles to achieve a highly polished look. Many polishes also contain gloss enhancing oils which further help to provide a deep look shine to the paintwork.
How paint Protection works?
After your car has been valeted, it’s very important to treat it the right way, so the effect can least longer.
That’s what we offer a range of Car paint and fabrics protection packages.
-Most of the paint protections are like car polish, but even with more powerfull and leasting effect.- Some of them even adds up to 4 protective layers on your paint.
The whole idea behind paint sealant is to protect your vehicle’s paintwork from the harsh environment that surrounds it – Ultra Violet rays from the sun which can fade paintwork, atmospheric fallout and acid rain which can damage the paint finish, road salt and other contributors which can fade and corrode the surface.
or If you are located in Bristol, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham or in the surrounding areas just call our Car4Valet at 07977705777 and we will send the professional to do the job.
Prices from just £55
To book your professional paint protection application please call us at 07977705777